Choosing a Commercial Photographer
Whether you are commissioning photographs of property, products, fashion or food, you want the success of the shoot to be as important to the photographer as it is to you.
Commercial images are images that make you money. High quality images on your website, promotional literature and street advertisements should display your products and services to your customers in the best possible light.
IPPA members are qualified, registered and insured. Full members of the IPPA will display the qualifications Licentiate (LIPPA), Associate (AIPPA) or Fellow (FIPPA).
Licentiateship is the entry level qualification showing an established professional level of skill and competency in photography.
Many IPPA photographers have invested in continuous professional development (CPD) by attending approved IPPA training courses.
Here are a few questions to ask when choosing a commercial photographer:
- Is the photographer a member of the IPPA?
- Do they have experience in commercial photography?
- Can you see samples of the photographer's work?
- What are the daily/hourly rates and image costs?
- What image usage rights are included in the fee?
- Is there a cancellation fee?
- Is a model release or property release required for certain images?
- Will the images be supplied in hard copy, on disk or by digital download?
- What are the turnaround times and payment terms?
When you engage an IPPA photographer you will be working with someone who upholds the strictest professional standards, who deals fairly and honestly with you, and who creates engaging images that promote and advertise your product or services.
Search for a Professional Commercial Photographer
Use the search box below to find a professional commercial photographer in your area.