Choosing your Portrait Photographer
Your family portraits capture a moment in time in the lives of your loved ones.
Whether the subject is a baby, a family group, a confirmation or fancy dress you are investing in an image that will be around for a long time.
You want the success of your portrait session to be as important to the photographer as it is to you.
When you book a portrait photography session with an IPPA photographer you are entrusting the creation of your future heirlooms to someone who has a vested interest in the success of the final product. Their reputation depends on it!
Here are a few questions to ask when choosing your portrait photographer:
- Is the photographer a member of the IPPA ?
- How does this happen? What goes on at these sessions ?
- Will your portrait session happen in the photographer's studio, in your home or at another location ?
- What guarantees are there ?
- What services around the actual shoot / session are there ? e.g. planning for your shoot / assistance & guildance with the final product
- What if the children are unwell on the day?
- What is included in the cost of the photography session ?
- Is there a cancellation fee ?
- Can you see samples of the photographer's work ?
IPPA members are qualified, registered and insured. Full members of the IPPA will display the qualifications Licentiate (LIPPA), Associate (AIPPA) or Fellow (FIPPA).
Licentiateship is the entry level qualification showing an established professional level of skill and competency in photography.
Many IPPA photographers have invested in continuous professional development (CPD) by attending approved IPPA training courses.
When you engage the services of an IPPA photographer you will be working with someone who upholds the strictest professional standards, who deals fairly and honestly with you, and who strives to create images that you will cherish for years to come.
Search for a Professional Portrait Photographer
Use the search box below to find a professional portrait photographer in your area.