Choosing your Wedding Photographer
Your wedding photographs will forever hold the memories of your special day, capturing your nearest and dearest at their happiest.
By choosing your wedding photographer carefully you are investing in many happy years of reminiscing with your spouse, children and grandchildren.
Every wedding is different, so doing some research and finding a photographer that suits your style and expectations is vital. Ask around and look at websites and magazines to get an idea of what you like or don't like.
IPPA members are qualified, registered and insured. Full members of the IPPA will display the qualifications Licentiate (LIPPA), Associate (AIPPA) or Fellow (FIPPA).
Licentiateship is the entry level qualification showing an established professional level of skill and competency in photography.
Many IPPA photographers have invested in continuous professional development (CPD) by attending approved IPPA training courses.
Here are a few questions to ask your wedding photographer:
- Is the photographer a member of the IPPA?
- Have they photographed other weddings at the same location as yours?
- Do they know of local scenic locations for taking photos?
- For winter weddings, what is the best time of day for your wedding ceremony in order to take advantage of limited daylight?
- What happens if its raining on the day of the wedding?
- Can you see samples of the photographer's work?
- Can you book an engagement photo session to see what the photographer is like to work with?
- What is included in the wedding photography package?
- How much will additional prints or albums cost?
- Is there a cancellation fee?
- What are their written terms and conditions?
- How will you select the final images for your album? Will there be an online gallery?
A professional photography service involves much more than someone turning up on your wedding day to take a few photographs. Long after the band has stopped playing and the cake has been eaten your photographs will recall the day for you.
By investing in the talent and expertise of an IPPA photographer you are insuring that careful planning goes into unobtrusively capturing the key moments, people and atmosphere of your big day.
When you engage the services of an IPPA photographer you will be working with someone who upholds the strictest professional standards, who deals fairly and honestly with you, and who strives to create images that you will cherish for years to come.
Search for a Professional Wedding Photographer
Use the search box below to find a professional wedding photographer in your area.